Would you like to give us feedback on Health Information Week 2021?
Please complete our short survey (just three questions!): using this link: https://forms.office.com/r/K85Bp5T9Vb
We all feel the need to be uplifted on an occasion, so what better way to do so than immerse yourself in a good book whether that be fiction, poetry, memoir or a general feel good read. The Knowledge and Library Services (KLS) have a title to suit you in its Wellbeing collection, in either print, eBook or audiobook. You can listen on your commute to work, enjoy in your free time using your laptop or mobile device, or just curl up somewhere cosy with a hot drink and a print book.
See below for some recommendations, new titles (including books that are coming soon to the collection) and forthcoming events.
A little about the collections fiction and poetry…
The Wellbeing collection holds a range of fiction, poetry, and mood-boosting titles based upon The Reading Agency’s Mood-boosting book lists and staff suggestions. Browse all the titles in the fiction and poetry booklist.
Want some inspiration for your next read? View KLS staff’s book recommendations.
Short on time?
View our post on short reads (such as poetry collections, short stories and essay collections): Shorter reads to inspire you.
New uplifting reads in the Wellbeing collection
(All titles available from BorrowBox)
- The Comfort Book by Matt Haig [eBook]
- The Wild Silence by Raynor Winn [eBook]
- Just Another Mountain: A Memoir of Hope by Sarah Jane Douglas [eBook]
- And Now for the Good News by Ruby Wax [audiobook]
- Stories to Make You Smile [eBook]
BorrowBox is platform which allows you access to eBook and audiobooks from your mobile, tablet or computer, learn more about accessing BorrowBox on our BorrowBox page.
Coming soon… new uplifting reads collection.
Want to learn more about how reading can improve your wellbeing?
Join our tie-in event for uplifting reads:
Reading, Wellbeing, and your Wellbeing Collection (Wednesday 07/07/21)
This webinar will cover:
- A history of bibliotherapy and therapeutic reading;
- Evidence on the benefits of reading on health and wellbeing;
- Contents of the Wellbeing collection at PHE, findings and ‘you said we did’ from the Wellbeing collection survey.
In case you missed it…
View our previous event content:
- The World Book Night postcards and videos for KLS reading habits and recommendations.
- KLS book recommendations for the Virtual Book Festival (2020).
- Reading and mental health (interviews and the evidence on the benefits of reading) for the Virtual Book Festival (2020).
If you want to explore more about the Wellbeing collection view the Wellbeing collection page.