We provide access to a wide range of resources; UKHSA staff can access these via MyAthens using their UKHSA laptop (Edge browser). Otherwise an OpenAthens or UKHSA account is required for access.
For more details on OpenAthens, including how to register, visit our OpenAthens page.
Do you work for a local authority?
Find out more about resources for Local Authority Public Health staff.
Do you work for OHID or NHS England Public Health?
Getting started (UKHSA staff)
Start at MyAthens to make sure you are logged in with your UKHSA credentials, then use:
- Discovery search box to find a specific item (e.g. article or book) or items on a topic from UKHSA subscribed resources, NHS core content, and open access resources
- BrowZine to browse a journal table of contents (learn more about BrowZine)
- Resources list to select a specific platform/publisher you require
You can also search the library catalogue to find books, print journals, evidence briefings and practice examples.
Problems accessing library resources?
- Try opening a private/incognito browser window or clearing your browser’s cache and cookies as sometimes incorrect settings are saved.
- Try a different web browser. UKHSA staff can request Chrome and Firefox from the IT software self-service catalogue on the helpdesk site.
- If problems persist please contact Knowledge and Library Services. Please include what you are trying to access, what browser you are using and any relevant screenshots.
Last Updated on 18th September 2023 by Edith Speller