On this page you will find information about eligibility and registering to use UKHSA Knowledge and Library Services.
The page is split into the following sections:
- Am I eligible to use UKHSA Knowledge and Library Services?
- Do I need to complete a registration form?
- Is there any further information about using UKHSA Knowledge and Library Services?
Am I eligible to use UKHSA Knowledge and Library Services?
You are eligible to use our services if you are:
- a salaried UKHSA member of staff
- working in the Office of Health Improvement and Disparities (OHID) or NHSE Public Health (see Support for OHID and NHSE Public Health staff for further details)
- working in a local authority public health team in England (certain restrictions apply – see Support for Local Authority Public Health Teams for details
- a student on placement with UKHSA (for the duration of your placement only)
- contracted to work within UKHSA (some restrictions on services may apply, e.g. due to licencing requirements)
Please note that holders of UKHSA honorary contracts are not eligible by default to use our services. Access to library services for honorary contract holders is considered on a case by case basis dependent on the circumstances and the work being undertaken for the UKHSA, and is ultimately at the discretion of the Knowledge and Library Services Senior Management Team.
Do I need to complete a registration form?
- If you are a salaried member of UKHSA staff, and wish to borrow and renew books, you can register for a library account, or an OpenAthens account.
For more information you can visit the library accounts page here.
- Eligible OHID and NHSE Public Health employees, students on placement with the UKHSA, and staff contracted to work within UKHSA may need to be registered on our Library Management System manually by a member of the KLS team on your initial contact/visit
Is there any further information available about using UKHSA Knowledge and Library Services?
You can find out more about using UKHSA Knowledge and Library Services by seeing our Byelaws.
Porton BioPharma Ltd. staff – please see our guide for details of library services available to PBL staff.
Last Updated on 4th May 2023 by rgledhill