Introduction to critical appraisal
Knowledge and Library Services can facilitate an Introduction to Critical Appraisal session, using a systematic review.
The objectives of this session are to:
- Be able to describe what makes a trustworthy systematic review
- Have increased confidence in reading and interpreting research evidence, to use in decision making
- Have critically appraised a systematic review, using a structured approach
Introduction to Critical Appraisal Skills Programme (CASP): Webinar
You may wish to watch the introductory webinar on this page to learn what to expect from a Critical Appraisal Skills Programme (CASP) Workshop and how to get the most out of it. Full details of the trainers and workshops are available on the CASP UK website.
The webinar below is a pilot and we would appreciate your feedback.
The webinar has two main objectives:
- An introduction prior to attending a Critical Appraisal Skills Programme (CASP) workshop: what to expect and how to get the most out of it
- An introduction to Evidence Based Practice (EBP) and CASP tools relevant to all workshops
Thank you for watching and providing feedback. Any comments are welcome but specifically it would be good to know:
- How well do you feel the content met these objectives?
- Was the technical content pitched at about the right level, too high or low?
- Was the length about right, too long, too short?
- Was the pace OK, too fast, too slow?
- Did the webinar provide information that you will find useful? How? Or why not?
- Was there anything you particularly liked? What?
- How could we make it better?
Please send any feedback to email@example.com.
Last Updated on 23rd September 2021 by sgrey