- This event has passed.
Finding the Evidence
14th June @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
To register for this event, please visit EventBrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/finding-the-evidence-tickets-147833793857
This session is for UKHSA staff.
Details of Information Skills Training available to Local Authority Public Health Teams are available on our Support for Local Authority Public Health Teams pages.
To provide attendees with the skills and knowledge to conduct a structured literature search using a bibliographic database.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Prepare an answerable search question.
- Formulate a search strategy.
- Apply a search strategy to a bibliographic database (e.g. Medline).
- Use appropriate syntax (e.g. truncation, wildcards, Boolean operators).
- Have increased confidence in using bibliographic databases to identify evidence to address a search question.
- Planning and defining your search question
- Creating your search strategy
- Interactive: creating your own search strategy
- Identifying available sources
- Inputting search terms and applying limits and filters
- Assessing and amending your results
- Saving your search history and search results
- Obtaining full-text
- Interactive: apply this knowledge to a bibliographic database