- This event has passed.
KLS Induction (Including Access to Resources)
6th June @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
To register for this event, please visit EventBrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/kls-induction-tickets-160745926393
This session is for UKHSA staff.
Details of Information Skills Training available to Local Authority Public Health Teams are available on our Support for Local Authority Public Health Teams pages.
To provide an overview of services and resources available from UKHSA’s KLS, and how to access them.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- State where to find KLS representatives and methods of contact.
- Describe the services available from KLS.
- List types of resource provided by KLS.
- Register for an OpenAthens account.
- Use the KLS web pages to find information and access the resources you want.
- Have increased confidence in how to access services and resources from KLS.
- Where we are and how to contact us: library sites and regional contacts.
- Services available from KLS:
- enquiry services,
- expert literature searching, books journals and databases
- document delivery and inter-library loan
- information skills training,
- knowledge updates
- knowledge management
- Library web pages
- Library catalogue and UKHSA Discovery
- BrowZine and BorrowBox
- Special Collections
- How to register
- Practice Examples
- Evidence Briefings